1/4 Photos of Almonds, Mushrooms, Raisins and Red Pepper Pilaf
Baby Kato's Note:
This is a very easy and very very tasty rice pilaf. It is a perfect side dish for any meal. I hope you will enjoy this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lb baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, sweet, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth, good quality
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced, toasted
- 1/4 cup large golden raisin
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1Melt 1 tbsp butter in saucepan, add mushrooms and saute 3 minutes over high heat, remove mushrooms and reserve.
- 2Melt remaining butter, in same pan, add onions and peppers, saute until soft.
- 3Stir in the salt, thyme, rice and broth.
- 4Bring mixture to a boil, cover, lower heat and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed.
- 5Remove from heat, add in the reserved mushrooms, almond slices and raisins.
- 6Mix well, pour into a nice dish, season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with finely chopped green onions.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almonds, Mushrooms, Raisins and Red Pepper Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.2
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 781.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: