Recipe by littleturtle
A French white sauce that goes nicely with poultry or fish.
Top Review by Bev
I served this wonderful sauce over our flounder and it added so much to the flavor of the fish! So subtle in flavor, yet has the power to bring an ordinary, everyday fish dish to a higher level. I could easily see this sauce used to compliment an elegant evening with guests. I will be making this again. Thank you, littleturtle, for sharing your wonderful recipes!
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond, slivered
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine over medium heat in 1 1/2-quart saucepan.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in broth.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Just before serving stir in the almonds.