Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fabulous, romantic dish for two - and it's quick and easy! I adapted the recipe from a Junior League of Lafayette, LA recipe; they say that it is the creation of Sous Chef Bryan Richard of Chez Marcelle. The original recipe calls for an entire stick of butter, but I think you'll agree that 3 tbsp. is plenty. If you like Amaretto, you'll love this! It can be served with angel hair pasta, but I like to eat it without so as not to interfere with the delicious flavors.
- 44.37 ml butter
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 453.59 g large shrimp, cleaned
- 118.29 ml amaretto liqueur
- 118.29 ml slivered almonds
- 2.46 ml salt
- Heat butter in skillet until golden brown, then saute onion in butter until translucent and barely browned.
- Add shrimp and saute about 5 minutes.
- Add amaretto, almonds and salt and cook on medium heat for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve alone as an elegant appetizer, or over angel hair pasta as an entree.
I really liked the flavor of this dish! I used pre-cooked shrimp and marinated overnight. Doing it again I would probably use uncooked shrimp so some more of the amaretto can cook off. The result this time was a little too alcoholic tasting.
This was excellent! The shrimp were perfectly cooked and the sauce is awesome. The only thing I will change next time I make it is to thicken up the sauce a little. We served it with basmati rice. Thanks for posting such a delicious and different recipe.
Deliciously shrimp food!