Top Review by gwynn
Marvelous! The best tasting pound cake I've ever tasted. The almonds just topped it off. I also used the same topping recipe that Bev used. It was wonderful. Thanks for posting such and outstanding recipe.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, blend together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Stir in the extracts and beat until smooth.
- Butter the sides and bottom of a bundt pan.
- Press almonds against sides.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan 10 minuts then remove from pan and cool on a rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar.