Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is very moist and tastes very good with warm milk or tea. It started out as a Williams-Sonoma recipe but I changed it to fit my taste.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature, plus extra for greasing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can poppy seed filling
- Preheat oven to 325°F Lightly grease a 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 loaf pan.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In another bowl beat together the butter, sugar, vanilla, and almond extract until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition, until just blended.
- Sprinkle half the four mixture into the egg mixture and stir until just incorporated. Stir in the sour cream, then sprinkle in the rest of the flour mixture.
- Add the Poppy filling until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and tap. Bake until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 70 minutes, or longer if using a metal pan. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around the inside of the pan, invert the cake onto a wire rack, and lift off the pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I LOVED this recipe! I am a VERY picky eater and I must say this is the best pound cake I have ever tried! It is sooo moist and it tasted awesome! 10 of 10