Prep 20 mins
Cook 37 mins
From Health magazine.You can make almond meal by grinding almonds in a coffee grinder. Also to thicken yogurt, strain through a coffee filter overnight.
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup europeon-style plain fat-free yogurt, plain & fat free
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup cubed sweet apple (Gala,Fuji)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put 3/4 cup oats and almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes, or until toasted. Put in medium bowl.
- In food processor, process remaining oats,and almond meal until fine.Add to bowl.
- Add flour,and next 4 ingredients.Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt,honey,and apple.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Place mixture on a piece of wax paper and form into a 6 by 7 inch rectangle.Cut into 12 even squares.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on top and invert onto baking sheet.
- Bake 20 min or until browned.
- Cool on rack.
We enjoyed these bars. very healthy, flavorful, and filling. Thanks Chef Romie Made for PAC 2007