Prep 5 mins
Cook 27 mins
Found this recipe in a magazine while waiting at the Doctors office.
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1⁄3 cup almond butter
- 1⁄3 cup liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups rolled oats (large flake)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
- In saucepan, heat cider, almond butter, honey, cinnamon, vanilla and salt over medium heat until almond butter is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in rolled oats, and almonds.
- Spread on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in centre of oven at 350F stirring often til light golden approx 15 minutes.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Bake til golden for about another 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
This is from Homemakers magazine. It's our favourite granola recipe and has been well received as a Christmas gift.