Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Moist, low-carb pancakes with the wonderful taste of ripe, fresh bananas. This was originally published on a website whose copyright has expired in 2010 called Weelicious.com for Yo Baby yogurt contestants. They selected this recipe as the winner, as written by Mara Stephens. I did change the sweetener she used from Agave to Splenda as I am trying to keep sugar to a minimum. I am posting here to take advantage of the nutrition calculations this site offers.
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute, granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Whisk the first five ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Whisk the remaining dry ingredients in a seperate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk to combine. Do not over-mix.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over low to medium heat and spray heavily with cooking spray.
- If heat is too high, the cakes will be too brown once cooked.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons per pancake of the batter onto the hot pan and spread it out with your spoon.
- Once bubbles start to burst and not fill back in with batter, and the edges look somewhat dry, flip and cook the second side.
- These can be frozen and heated back up in the toaster oven or regular oven at 300 degrees for roughly 10 minutes.
Yummy - I added some almond extract for some extra kick