Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a tasty & easy appetizer that can be made ahead and frozen unbaked if you wish.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 6 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 loaf French bread (1#)
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except bread.
- Cut bread into 1/2" slices and spread with cheese mixture.
- Cut slices in half and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Simple and good! The almonds add a nice crunch, and the flavors were great. Thanks for sharing! PARTY '11
Very good appetizer or snack. Omitted the onion. Toasted the almond slices, wasn't sure if I was supposed to or not. I've made similar recipes before, this is the first with worcestershire.
We really weren't too keen on this. I'm not really sure why, but I not the adults or the kids liked it. I made the recipce without any changes at all.