Bacon Cheddar Bites
A great Appetizer to have on hand. Great as a side dish for soup too.
- Ready In:
- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted if desired
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 loaf French bread
- Slice french bread into 1 inch slices.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spread 1-2 Tablespoons of topping onto each slice of bread.
- Lay slices on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until topping is bubbling and starting to brown.
- OR TO MAKE AHEAD: flash freeze bread on a cookie sheet before baking; transfer to large freezer bag and label; bake from frozen on a cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes as above.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation