Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great veggie burger. I like serving these guys in a pita (because the patties are delicate and tend to break... but in a pita pocket, it's all good! You know!) with lettuce, cucumber and raita or chutney.
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄2 onion, diced fine
- 1 carrot, diced fine
- 1⁄4 cup tamari
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Mix together the almonds, tahini, onion and carrot in a bowl.
- Stir in half the tamari and half of the lemon juice.
- If mixture seems dry, add up to the remaining half of each ingredient until the mixture holds together in patty form, but is not sloppy.
- (NOTE: you can add additional ground almond if the mixture gets too wet... but it's easier to control things with the liquid.) Form 6 patties and fry in a little oil or broil until golden brown and a bit crispy.
- Serve on a roll or in a pita pocket with your favorite condiments.
Easy to make, filling and taste good. They do tend to be a bit friable so make sure you use a really good non-stick pan or bake them. Used these as patties for vegetarian burgers.