Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are so good and easy to make. We made these for the week of Passover, but the good thing about these they are good all year round. Found in Cooking Light, March 2002.
- 2 tablespoons matzo meal (cake meal)
- 3⁄4 cup whole blanched almond
- 3⁄4 cup matzo meal (cake meal)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, sprinnkle with 3 tablespoons matzo cake meal.
- Place the almonds in a food processor; pulse 3-4 times or until coarsely chopped.
- Lightly spoon 3/4 cup matzo cake meal into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Add 3/4 cup matzo cake meal, sugar, and remaining ingredients to almonds; pulse 3-4 times or just until combined.(Mixture will be sticky.).
- Using hands dusted with matzo cake meal. divide dough into 16 portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball;pinch tops to form a pear shape.(Like a kiss).
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.