Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From cooksillustrated.com, this potato salad is a great make-ahead dish, it just gets better the next day. Always a favorite at potlucks!
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice, plus
- 1⁄4 cup dill pickle, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped fine
- 1 celery rib, chopped fine
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan with cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, add 1 teaspoon salt, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes thoroughly, then spread out on rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix 2 tablespoons pickle juice and mustard together in small bowl, drizzle mixture over potatoes and toss until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate until cooled, about 30 minutes.
- Mix remaining tablespoon pickle juice, chopped pickles, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, celery seed (if using), mayonnaise, sour cream, red onion, and celery in a large bowl.
- Toss in cooled potatoes, cover and refrigerate until well chilled (about 30 minutes) or overnight.
- (Salad can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 2 days.).
This is the real thing! Thanks so much for sharing - delicious!