All-American Potato Salad
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan with cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, add 1 teaspoon salt, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes thoroughly, then spread out on rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix 2 tablespoons pickle juice and mustard together in small bowl, drizzle mixture over potatoes and toss until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate until cooled, about 30 minutes.
- Mix remaining tablespoon pickle juice, chopped pickles, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, celery seed (if using), mayonnaise, sour cream, red onion, and celery in a large bowl.
- Toss in cooled potatoes, cover and refrigerate until well chilled (about 30 minutes) or overnight.
- (Salad can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 2 days.).