1 hr 30 mins
From cooksillustrated.com, this potato salad is a great make-ahead dish, it just gets better the next day. Always a favorite at potlucks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice, plus
- 1/4 cup dill pickle, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped fine
- 1 celery rib, chopped fine
- 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan with cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, add 1 teaspoon salt, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- 2Drain potatoes thoroughly, then spread out on rimmed baking sheet.
- 3Mix 2 tablespoons pickle juice and mustard together in small bowl, drizzle mixture over potatoes and toss until evenly coated.
- 4Refrigerate until cooled, about 30 minutes.
- 5Mix remaining tablespoon pickle juice, chopped pickles, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, celery seed (if using), mayonnaise, sour cream, red onion, and celery in a large bowl.
- 6Toss in cooled potatoes, cover and refrigerate until well chilled (about 30 minutes) or overnight.
- 7(Salad can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 2 days.).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All-American Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.7
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.3 mg
- Sodium 822.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: