Recipe by happynana
I downloaded this recipe off of TOH and revamped it. No chef was given for this recipe. I added more ravioli than 12 called for because it was too saucy for us. I used white brick cheese as that is all I had and it turned out great. DH loved the recipe. The recipe called for 2 boneless but I cut mine into four small ones and then put the two chicken breasts close together with one slice of cheese over it. I am going to put 2 to 4 servings. The recipe called for 2 but I could not eat all of mine and DH finished my plate. DH does like to eat:)
Top Review by Chef floWer
WOW, I can't believe no one has attempted this recipe before. This is a complete meal, perfect for a family in a hurry, only took me about 1 minute to chop up the mushrooms and the rest of the preparation was sauteing the chicken and mushrooms. Also a little mixing of the sauces. I had to make a few changes, I used about 375 grams of the ravioli, used olive oil spray instead of a pure olive oil and used pre-shredded mozzarella cheese. I will be definitely making this again. Thank you happynana
- 16 frozen cheese ravioli (can use more or less if you like saucy, the original recipe called for 12)
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves (I cut into 4 small breasts)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (can use more)
- 1 1⁄2 cups alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel tomatoes and green chilies, drained (if you do not like spicy sauce just use regular tomatoes)
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese, I put 2 small breasts together and put one slice of cheese over them (or any white cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook ravioli as directed. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil and add chicken breasts and saute until lightly browned on both sides.
- When chicken is browned push to one side of skillet and add mushrooms and cook about 2 minutes, just enough to slightly flavor and softened. Remove pan from heat.
- In a bowl combine, sauce, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Add ravioli (the more you add the less saucy). Toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 5 cup baking dish (I used my 11 x 7 pan).
- Place chicken breasts on top of ravioli.
- Place a slice of cheese on each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden on top.