Recipe by AnnieLynne
I saw this recipe on the Self magazine website. Looks fabulous - would make such a nice pool side treat this summer! I thought I would store it here for safe keeping. If you try it, please let me know what you think! I'll keep you posted, if I get a chance to make these anytime soon!
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 bamboo skewers, soak in water for about 30 minutes
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small red onion
- 16 serrano chilies
- 24 cherry tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade: Add first 7 ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Marinade shrimp for 10 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Skewers: Cut onion into bite-sized chunks. Add 1 chili to skewer.
- Add 1 shrimp, a chunk of onion and a cherry tomato on to each skewer; repeat two times.
- Add second chili to end of skewer.
- Season with salt.
- Heat the electric or gas grill over high heat.
- Place skewers on grill and close grill cover.
- Cook skewers for about 5 minutes on each side until the onions are tender and the shrimp is cooked through.