Recipe by Outta Here
A light salad. Cook time is refrigeration time.
Top Review by diner524
What a wonderful salad and a nice change from our normal cucumber salad!!! I made this as written, but scaled back for just the two of us. This is so similar to ours for the first 6 ingredients, except we use apple cider vinegar and no sugar. We enjoyed the slightly sweet heat to the cucumbers!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT 9.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced (or green)
- 2 -4 cups mixed greens
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, stir vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Quarter cucumber lengthwise. Remove seeds. Cut quarters crossswise into 1/8″ thick slices.
- Add cucumber, onion, cilantro and chili pepper to vinegar dressing; toss until combined.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on bed of greens.