Recipe by Rita~
Pretzel crust giving this pie a salty crispness. Filled with a creamy, rich chocolate flavored with coconut and tiny airy marshmallows floating throughout.
Top Review by EmmyDuckie
This pie reminds me of rocky road ice cream, but with coconut. It's delicious. I wouldn't change a single thing about the filling. But I have to admit the crust was just a little crumbly. I think using just a bit more butter would make it hold together much better. The idea of using pretzels is genius. Love it.
- 4 ounces pretzels
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin spice, powder
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 12 ounces cream coconut milk
- 2 ounces low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 3 7⁄8 ounces chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flakes
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- whipped cream
- coconut flakes, toasted if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor pulse the pretzels, brown sugar, spice powder, till fine pieces. Add butter and pulse to mix.
- Spray a 9 inch pie pan and spread the crust mixture in pan pressing to the bottom and sides. Bake 10 minutes and cool completely.
- In a mixer beat the coconut milk and sour cream mix in the milk. Blend in pudding mix. Fold in coconut flakes, marshmallows and whipped cream.
- Pour into pie crust and refrigerate for 3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and coconut flakes.