Recipe by Anne Sainz
This recipe originally came from the American Heart Association as a salt substitute. I read about it in Jane Brody's "Good Food Book" and gave it a try. It is our favorite salt free seasoning blend. I usually make a double batch and store it in a large, glass spice bottle.
Top Review by nemokitty
I used this great herb mix on a boneless chicken breast and inhaled it! Very good. Unfortunately here in Hawaii I couldn't find savory or mace but I'm sure it would have added to the taste. Made for PAC Spring 2014.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons marjoram (originally savory but it's not readily available)
- 1 teaspoon mace
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage