Recipe by English_Rose
Enjoy a taste of Italy with this simple but flavourful recipe for a colourful appetizer.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow pepper, de-seeded and cut into thick strips
- 1 large red pepper, de-seeded and cut into thick strips
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 black olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Once the oil is hot add the yellow and red pepper strips.
- Fry the pepper strips, stirring often, until golden brown.
- Add the anchovy fillets, garlic, olives and capers. Stir in the sugar, then add the vinegar and cook, stirring now and then, until evaporated.
- Cook on a medium heat, stirring now and then, for about 5 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve hot or cold.