Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
a cheap easy casserole . im leaving the recipe as written but i used brown rice and it was soft so im guessing water was off for white rice by a cup it has a great flavor with the brown rice and i cooked for 350 for the whole 2 hours and did not use cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 lb ground round, she said should be lean
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup rice, washed
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, it says 1 small jar but that seems like alot of stuffed olives
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- in casserole mix butter raw rice.
- meat olives onion and seasonings.
- add tomato juice and boiling water.
- bake 2 hours 350 first hour 250 2nd hour 1/2 hour before serving top with cheese and melt.