Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
Delicious soup that is eaten over cous cous, but is equally good over rice.
Make and share this African Peanut Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a 3-qt saucepan and dissolve chicken cubes.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, onions and scallions.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes until carrots and tender.
- Mix in peanut butter and stir until well blended, add milk, instant potatoes and seasonings.
- Simmer until sauce thickens.
Soup made with peanut butter is a staple in Ghana (on the west coast of Africa), though they call the legume "groundnuts" rather than peanuts. My Ghanaian friends would ad a tablespoon of chili powder to give this dish some extra pep.