Adrienne's Fall Corn Chowder
- Heat butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft and lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Heat milk in a saucepan. Add bay leaf, thyme, marjoram, and peppercorns. Just before milk comes to a boil, add the onions, remove the heat and cover.
- In a food processor, puree the chilies, tomatillos, and 2 boxes of the corn.
- Add the pureed mixture and the remaining box of corn to the milk mixture. Simmer over very low heat for 30 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Pour the soup into individual bowls over cubes of cheddar cheese. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with warm crusty bread.