Recipe by AcadiaTwo
I actually had never tried cooking tofu before, so I decided to marinate it first before cooking. It was a quick tasty meal the next night after work. Serve with rice, noodles or plain. Enjoy.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Tofu is such a versatile protein and this one uses that to it's full advantage. I pressed my tofu for twenty minutes before tossing it into the marinade to maximize the amount of sauce absorbed in the fridge. I really liked the way that also meant on cooking the tofu had some nice carmelization and crispiness on the outside with a softer center. I used bit of vegetables left in the crisper instead of frozen ones as that was a more economical option and the mix included carrots, snap peas, asparagus, red and orange peppers and bean sprouts. Mushrooms would have also been perfect here as well as some water chestnuts. Even with the garlic, I did find the teriyaki sauce a tad too sweet and added a smidge of chili sauce. Made for Photo Tag.
- 1 1⁄2 cups teriyaki sauce (sweet)
- 8 ounces tofu (firm, drained)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 8 ounces frozen stir fry vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the tofu up into 1/4" thick slices and then cut them again into 1"x2" pieces.
- Mix teriyaki & garlic together. (Reserve and refrigerate 1/2 cup teriyaki and 1 minced garlic clove in separate container).
- Marinate them in teriyaki and garlic for 12-hours in the refrigerator.
- In wok on medium heat add peanut oil.
- Cook up the the tofu for about 2-3 minutes, flip and cook them for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove tofu and set aside.
- Add vegetables to wok and stir fry until tender about 3 minutes.
- Add Tofu and (reserved marinade) back to the wok, cook for 2 minutes more, stir throughly coating everything.