Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
I wanted to make antipasto without having gazillions amount of jars, so I adapted this recipe from a number of sources. From start to finish (and even cleaning up the kitchen!!) this took me 2-1/4 hours
- 1⁄2 cauliflower
- 1 green pepper
- 7 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 cups green beans
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (398 g) black olives, drained
- 1 (375 g) pimento-stuffed green olives
- 2 (113 g) pimientos, drained
- 1 (375 g) pickled pearl onions, drained
- 1 (283 g) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 cup carrot, cut in small bite size, matchstick pieces
- 1 (340 g) artichokes, drained
- 1 (99 ml) jar capers, drained
- 50 g anchovies, rinsed
- 170 g shrimp
- 170 g tuna
- 156 g tomato paste
- 750 g ketchup
- 455 g chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- Step 1: Cut cauliflower, green pepper, green beans and garlic into bite size pieces. Place in one bowl and set aside.
- Step 2: In another bowl, cut black olives, green olives, mushrooms, carrots, artichokes, into bite size pieces. Add capers. Set aside.
- Step 3: Combine anchovies, shrimp and tuna. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200.
- Wash jars in warm soapy water, rinse well with clean water and place in oven to air dry. Turn oven off.
- In a large stock pot, over medium high heat, add olive oil; heat. Add ingredients in Step 1 and cook until tender; 6 - 8 minutes.
- Add ingredients for Step 2 and saute until well heated through; about 5 - 8 minutes.
- Add ketchup, chili sauce, hot pepper sauce and white wine vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.
- For Step 3, rinse and cut anchovies into small pieces. Pour boiling water over the seafood, drain well and add to the pot. Simmer for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Fill hot jars with the antipasto; cleaning the rim with a clean cloth and top with steralized lids. Process the jars in boiling water for 10 minutes.