1/1 Photo of A Spiced Pumpkin Soup
This is a great soup for dieters who have a sweet tooth!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup peeled and cubed sweet potato
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1Melt butter in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté onion for 3-4 minutes then add flour, curry, garlic, cumin and nutmeg and sauté for 1 minute.
- 2Add sweet potato, salt, chicken broth and pumpkin and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered for about 20-25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are cooked through and softened. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes to cool.
- 3Place half of the pumpkin mixture in a blender and process until smooth. Using a strainer, pour soup back into pan. Repeat with rest of soup.
- 4Raise heat to medium then stir in milk and cook for 5 minutes or until soup is heated through.
- 5Remove from heat and add lime juice.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Spiced Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.0
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.1 mg
- Sodium 182.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 5.9 g