Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Good tasting low cal meat loaf. Good hot or cold. Spice it up with chile if desired. Use any leftovers in sandwiches.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground lean pork or 1⁄2 lb turkey or 1⁄2 lb chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup cooked barley (or use 2/3 cup uncooked rolled oats)
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup or 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients and pack into a greased 8" X 4" loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Drain off any fat.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing into thick slices.
Tebo. great easy recipe. I put in 3 Jalapeno peppers, minced and put salsa on top. MMMmmmmm Thanks for a good recipe