I clipped this recipe out of my local paper years ago, and whenever I'll be out most of the day, and want to serve something tasty yet easy to make for dinner, this is what I make!
- Place skinless chicken thighs in crock pot.
- In separate bowl, mix tomato paste, enchilada sauce mix powder, and water together.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken in the crock pot.
- Cook on Low for approximately 8 hours.
- Turn control to High and stir in cheese.
- If sauce is too thick, stir in a little hot water.
- Serve in a shallow casserole dish, garnished with sliced black olives, green onion, and sour cream, if desired.
- For a complete meal, you might serve it on a bed of shredded lettuce, with salsa, and rice on the side.
- Also, makes great burritos served in warm tortillas!