Mexican Crock Pot Pork Tortilla Filling
I always struggle to find something to do with the pork steaks that come in the bottom of the pork chop package. My family loves Mexican food and the ingredients are usually in my pantry. I throw it together together in the morning before I go to work.
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 50mins
- 1 lb boneless pork, cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- flour tortilla
- Seer pork. Can be done the night before.
- Put everything except rice and tortillas in crock pot.
- Cover and cook 9 hours on low.
- Add rice and continue cooking for 30 minutes. It should look soupy if if doesn't add 1/2 C water with rice.
- I serve with cheddar cheese and sour cream on flour tortillas.
- This recipe is very forgiving. It can also be converted to a soup by adding chicken broth and omitting the rice.