Recipe by Kzatrini
This recipe works wonderfully either as a full size cheesecake or as cupcakes to serve a crowd. It is almost impossible to overcook. I owe thanks to my Mom for creating this family favorite.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg, plus
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 -12 vanilla wafer cookies (1-2 per cupcake depending on cupcake size or 3/4 box crushed wafers for full size pie crust)
- canned cherries in syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1-2 vanilla wafers in bottom of each cupcake baking cup, if making one large cheesecake crush wafers with spoon and fill bottom of pie plate.
- Mix cream cheese with sugar.
- Mix in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour into cupcake cups or pie plate.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes for cupcakes or 25 minutes for pie plate.
- Cover cupcakes or full size cake with canned cherries.