A great sounding recipe that comes from Nebraska's KFOR 1240 AM Problems & Solutions Cookbook Featuring Winter Favorites. My fall 2008 cookbook swap partner KGCOOK sent me the cookbook along with many other wonderful cookbooks to read. Can sizes are approximate sizes, recipe calls for small cans of peas and mushrooms.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stew meat, uncooked
- 8 1⁄2 ounces canned green beans, undrained
- 8 1⁄2 ounces peas, undrained
- 4 1⁄2 ounces mushrooms, undrained
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 5 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 cup tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients and mix to combine. Place mixture in a baking dish, cover and bake for 5 hours. Do not uncover during baking time.
- Serve in bread bowls or with hard rolls.