1/6 Photos of 30 Minute Beef Pot Pie for 2
This recipe came about because of a foodtv "30 Minute Meals" episode that featured a chicken pot pie made along these lines. I just took the recipe and changed it to meet our taste. Very tasty.....great comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb stew meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 large carrot, cubed into small cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 large potato, cubed into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 (5 count) can biscuits (I prefer the flaky type of biscuits)
- salt and pepper
- 1Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- 2Pour broth into the saucepan, bring to a boil.
- 3Place cubed stewmeat into broth, salt and pepper to taste and turn to simmer.
- 4Pour olive oil into a med size preheated pan.
- 5Place margarine in pan with olive oil and melt.
- 6Place carrots into pan, followed by onions, then potato.
- 7Cook until tender.
- 8When vegetables are tender, stir in flour until well blended.
- 9Pour slowly the beef/broth mixture over into the veggie mixture and heat until thickened.
- 10Place this in serving dish and top with the baked biscuits.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 30 Minute Beef Pot Pie for 2
Serving Size: 1 (779 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1143.8
- Calories from Fat 543
- Total Fat 60.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 80.4 mg
- Sodium 1800.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 40.7 g