- 1 (14 ounce) can yellow wax beans, french style
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans, french style
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans (I recommend!) (optional)
- 1 medium onion, sliced paper thin
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the beans and onion in a glass bowl.
- Pour the oil, vinegar, sugar and celery salt into a saucepan and bring to a boil, allowing the sugar to dissolve.
- Pour the vinegar mix over the beans and onions in the bowl and mix well.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes then refrigerate until ready to use.
- This salad is best after about 6 hours, but is still good if you want to use it right away.