Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is super simple and easy to make! Not too vinegary and not too sweet!! Time is less than 10 minutes to throw together!
- 1 (14 ounce) can yellow wax beans, french style
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans, french style
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans (I recommend!) (optional)
- 1 medium onion, sliced paper thin
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Combine the beans and onion in a glass bowl.
- Pour the oil, vinegar, sugar and celery salt into a saucepan and bring to a boil, allowing the sugar to dissolve.
- Pour the vinegar mix over the beans and onions in the bowl and mix well.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes then refrigerate until ready to use.
- This salad is best after about 6 hours, but is still good if you want to use it right away.
Just made that using green and wax beans from garden, cooked. Very tasty. Thanks!!
This was very easy and tasty! I didn't have butter beans and I cut the dressing in half. Delicious! Made for PAC Spring 2010.