Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
After trying several versions of parmesan/asiago mac & cheese around Houston, I decided to try to create my own version. Enjoy!
- 5 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- 5 ounces shredded romano cheese
- 5 ounces shredded asiago cheese
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 (10 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- start water to boil, add salt and oil to prevent sticking.
- mix shredded cheese, cream cheese, and half & half in a bowl- set aside.
- sautee garlic and onion in 2 tablespoons olive oil until slightly browned.
- add kale, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- cover and cook for 6 minutes.
- add another tablespoon of oil.
- add cheese/half & half mixture.
- continually stir until well-melted.
- drain pasta, pour into glass baking dish.
- add sauce, stir until well-mixed.