3 C's Soup #3 (Carrot, Cauliflower & Celery) W/Cheese
This is a chunked full vegetable soup with lots of vitamins. Made for my special kids who had usually never tasted a fresh vegetable before. There are no onions, garlic or peppers in any of the soups.
- Ready In:
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut in flowerettes, then cut vertically, thin slices
- 10 stalks celery, thinly sliced with leaves
- 6 large carrots, grated
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups frozen peas (optional)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- In large stockpot add carrots, celery and cauliflower to 2 quarts water. Add margarine, salt.
- Cook 20 to 25 minutes on low heat, covered.
- Take off heat, add evaporated milk, two cups of milk and optional frozen peas.
- Put back on burner and heat on low and stir until warm and hot to serve. Do not boil.
- Ladle in serving bowls, pass the cheese if they want a soup topper. Serve with triscuits or a whole wheat cracker. This is a very rich soup. If you want to add more water, feel free.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Based on Parsley's review, I added some spices to combat the blandness -- a chicken boullion cube, some garlic, s&p -- but it still was pretty bland. I halved the recipe easily and cut the margarine (I used butter) to just 1 Tbsp. I like soups that are full of veggies, but DH & I both just felt this was "ok."Reply
This was good. I used the optional peas. I would have liked it to be a little thicker, so I pureed about 1/3 of it and put 1 cup of the cheese right in the soup to melt and that helped. I know it's meant to be a more bland soup, but I thought it needed some type of bouillion, so I added a veggie bouillon cube (also some chopped onions...just preference). My kids did like it. I'll make this again w/ my few monir changes. Thanx for posting!Reply