Recipe by jd_2077
Original recipe is from Rachel Ray's Everyday Living magazine. High protein, quick cooking side dish. I added garlic to mine (as I add minced garlic to just about everything). It is recommended to serve this warm, but I like it chilled as well.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) box green beans, thawed and dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat for one minute. Add garlic, green beans, cumin, and a pinch of salt; cook, stirring, until beans slightly blister (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer green beans to a large bowl then add remaining ingredients (except for the salt and pepper). Toss.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.