Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce is packed with pizza flavor and requires no cooking! Done in 2 minutes, although it's recommended to let sit for a few hours to allow the flavors to meld.
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Wisk all ingredients except olive oil. Then slowly drizzle olive oil in while whisking quickly to incorporate the oil. We sometimes put it all into a jar and shake it very well until blended, then refrigerate until needed.
- It's recommended to let it sit a few hours, but it can be used right away. To store, pour into an air-tight jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. You can also freeze it for up to 2 months or use a canning method to store for up to 1 year.
This was a very good basic pizza sauce. I was not going to have time to refrridgerate overnight, so I heated the olive oil in a suace pan and saute fresh garlic, instead of powdered, for about 2 minutes, then added the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer for a few hours to develop the flavors. I only used 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning and 3/4 tsp of salt which was perfect for us. I also added some parmesan cheese at the end of simmering. Turned out really good. May add me crushed red pepper flakes next time. This made a lot, so I put the leftovers in the freezer. Thanks for sharing.
2Bleu, this is 2delicious 2be this easy! Versatile little recipe you have going on here. I have made it a few times, mostly for pasta sauce, but last night, for Pepperoni French Bread Pizza and it was excellent. I halved the crushed red peppers 'cos sometimes my family can be a little wimpish when it comes to spicy foods..shhhhh. Thanks for an awesomely easy, and quite tasty recipe that will be enjoyed many more times in our household!
This is the way I've always been making pizza sauce. I add extra virgin olive oil for extra taste and sometimes fresh garlic. The red pepper flakes are a nice addition.Didn't think of adding it to pasta,but I'll have to try it next time.