Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I had some yukon gold potatoes that I needed to do something with or toss them. So, I created yet another potato salad. As always with my recipes adjust the seasonings according to you and your families tastes. Cook time does not include boiling eggs.Time to chill is included in cook time.Submitted to " ZAAR " on February 5th., 2010.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
Delicious potato salad. Nice blend of flavors. I wasn't sure about the turmeric, but the flavor was very subtle and it created a lovely golden color. Thanks for sharing your creation.
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups washed and unpeeled yukon gold potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepot add potatoes and enough water to slightly cover potatoes.
- Place pan of potatoes over medium heat and cook until potatoes are almost fork tender ( about 15 minutes ).
- Drain potatoes, place potatoes in refrigerator and chill for 1 hour.
- Fry bacon and set aside and when bacon is cooled, crumble.
- After potatoes are chilled, mix together remaining ingredients including crumbled bacon and pour over potatoes.
- Mix gently together potatoes and mayonnaise/bacon mixture.
- Chill potato salad for at least 2 more hours.