Recipe by TheDancingCook
A very easy and great tasting pasta dinner to serve to the family on those busy weeknights. I serve this with a salad or veggie and warm bread. This recipe is courtesy of Rosetto.
- 1 (25 ounce) bagfrozen ravioli (meat or cheese stuffed) or 1 (25 ounce) bag tortellini (meat or cheese stuffed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano or 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare frozen pasta as directed; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, in a saucepan or skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add ground beef, onion and garlic; cook until beef is browned.
- Add tomatoes, wine or broth, mushrooms, basil and oregano/thyme and mix.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve sauce over cooked pasta.