Ravioli or Tortellini With Pesto and Spinach
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces ravioli (any flavor you like, fresh, frozen or dried- amount will differ. Use comparable amount) or 12 ounces tortellini (any flavor you like, fresh, frozen or dried- amount will differ. Use comparable amount)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups Baby Spinach, fresh (cleaned and chopped) or 5 ounces frozen spinach (cleaned and chopped)
- 10 ounces basil pesto
- 4 ounces chicken broth (use more if you desire a thinner sauce) or 4 ounces vegetable broth (use more if you desire a thinner sauce)
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded (fresh is best and use as much as you like)
- red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- pine nuts (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and saute minced garlic until fragrant. Add chopped fresh spinach. If using frozen defrost and add to pan. Cook until wilted.
- Add pesto and broth to pan and cook until heated through.
- Plate pasta and top with sauce. Top with fresh grated parmesan. Add red pepper flakes if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a wonderful recipe! Very easy to prepare and it taste amazing. I used it for a romantic dinner with my husband. However, I plan on preparing it regularly for the whole family from now on. I added sundried tomatoes to the spinach mixture and they complemented the other flavors really well. I also used 3 cheese tortellini. Thanks for posting, Hope!
This was very good and incredibly easy to prepare! It's a keeper recipe for my stash of recipes! Ingredients for the sauce can be easily adjusted for personal tastes and ingredient additions such as the sun dried tomatoes mentioned above or perhaps artichoke hearts, capers or whatever you love. I added a little heavy cream the second time I made this and it was awesome - maybe a little wine addition would be tasty as well! i would use a fresh pasta if available, but feel the sauce made the dish! i have used this as a side dish made with with plain spaghetti and served with eggplant parm. Everyone on my family loved it!