Recipe by Darlene Summers
This recipe is from a book compiled and up-dated by Jaine Rodack called "Forgotten Recipes". I am posting this recipe because I believe this is a recipe my dear sister-in-law has been wanting. It is posted word for word from this cookbook, but I am guessing at the times as I have not made this recipe.
- 5 tablespoons raw long grain rice
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cane syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the rice.
- Mix rice with milk, syrup, salt, cinnamon and raisins.
- Grease a pudding dish (actually vegetable oil would do just as well); pour pudding into dish.
- Bake slowly at 250° for 3 hours, stirring often to prevent sticking during the first hour.
- Serve hot or cold.