Recipe by Llamatron
I made this on the fly and it's soo good that I'm posting it as I'm in the middle of eating the first bowl! FANTASTIC!!!
- 2 cups 13 bean soup mix
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 -3 tablespoon chicken bouillon (better than bouillon brand)
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder (good quality)
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 -3 tablespoon salt (optional)
- 1 small whole chicken, roasted (most grocery stores will let you buy one for $5)
Directions See How It's Made
- soak beans overnight.
- In the morning, drained the beans and put them in the crockpot.
- Carve the chicken and put bite-sized chunks in the pot. Avoid putting in skin, bone, veins, or other stuff you'd never want to find in your mouth.
- Add the garlic, onion, peppers, tomato paste, and corn.
- Cover with water--you may need to add water throughout the cooking process.
- Add the dry spices. Start with the minimum, you can always add more!
- Cook on low for about 5 hours. Don't be afraid to add more spices and let it simmer longer--it will only add more flavor.
- After it's done cooking, put in the rice and stir. Turn off the crockpot and let it sit until it has cooled a little.
- Serve with sour cream, corn chips, cornbread, or all by itself!