6 hrs 30 mins
I made this on the fly and it's soo good that I'm posting it as I'm in the middle of eating the first bowl! FANTASTIC!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups 13 bean soup mix
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 -3 tablespoon chicken bouillon (better than bouillon brand)
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder (good quality)
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 -3 tablespoon salt (optional)
- 1 small whole chicken, roasted (most grocery stores will let you buy one for $5)
- 1soak beans overnight.
- 2In the morning, drained the beans and put them in the crockpot.
- 3Carve the chicken and put bite-sized chunks in the pot. Avoid putting in skin, bone, veins, or other stuff you'd never want to find in your mouth.
- 4Add the garlic, onion, peppers, tomato paste, and corn.
- 5Cover with water--you may need to add water throughout the cooking process.
- 6Add the dry spices. Start with the minimum, you can always add more!
- 7Cook on low for about 5 hours. Don't be afraid to add more spices and let it simmer longer--it will only add more flavor.
- 8After it's done cooking, put in the rice and stir. Turn off the crockpot and let it sit until it has cooled a little.
- 9Serve with sour cream, corn chips, cornbread, or all by itself!
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 13-Bean Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.2
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 81.2 mg
- Sodium 394.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
13 bean soup mix