Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is not a gourmet cake, but it is a quick chocolate fix. This cake cooks in about 5-7 minutes in the microwave, yes the microwave believe it or not! Depending on your microwave as to how much pudding will be in it,it will be a cakey,brownie,pudding like dessert.I like to top it with Ice cream and fudge and whip cream for a quick Ice cream brownie treat or powdered sugar and chocolate sauce.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water, with
- 3 tablespoons sugar, added
- Boil water with 3 tbsp of sugar and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients (first 5 ingredients) in a bowl, then add eggs,melted butter and vanilla until well blended, mixture will be thick.
- Butter a 9 inch microwavable pan or tupperware, even if its a tad smaller it's ok.
- Spread mixture evenly into the buttered pan.
- Very slowly pour water into the center of the mixture and do not stir!
- Cover well, with plastic wrap or lid.
- Cook in microwave on regular power for 5 minutes, check it to make sure it's set and if not put back in microwave for a couple more minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with your favorite toppings.
People need to look at this recipe for what it is, a quick & easy treat to satisfy a chocolate craving, ready faster than it would take you to go down to the store and buy something!<br/><br/>My one didn't really turn out pudding like (maybe i didnt use enough water?) But it was somewhat like a brownie/mud cake. Does not even taste like a microwave cake, it was still soft and moist the next day, not chewy or dry at all. <br/><br/>Like one reviewer said, it IS quite plain, and not that sweet, however it is the perfect "basic" chocolate cake that would be great dressed up with ice cream or icing or even for experimenting with other ingredients(like choc chips and nuts like other reviewers have suggested). I served mine with this recipe #895074032 for chocolate sauce and it is pure indulgence.<br/><br/>Thanks for the recipe!
I have a new powerful microwave so I'm going to try 3 1/2 min next time. There wasn't much pudding with my brownie.
Thanks for the recipe.
Wow! Really quick, totally satisfying - what a great recipe. Mine had patches that were a little too "cakey", so I think I'll shorten the cooking time, but I plan on keeping this recipe, for sure!