Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
5 ingredients,5 steps...It doesn't get much easier than this. Found this recipe on the net, with no name attached.
- 1 -2 lb spareribs, each cut in thirds for smaller pieces (cut with a cleaver)
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine (rice wine works well)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons water
- Heat a large skillet with some oil in it, and start to brown the spare ribs.
- Once the ribs are seared and browned, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for about 20-25 minutes, and it's ready to serve!
We think this receipe is great and make it often. Instead of the sugar I added 4 tablespoons of duck sauce. What a great taste! Also did this with chicken wings and everyone loved it. Thank you
A very tasty treat. I also cooked this in the crockpot and it worked out very well. Next time I'll try to thicken the sauce a bit, although even as it was, I liked it over rice.
My mom used to make this 1,2,3,4,5 ribs for me when I was a kid in Hong Kong. I think this taste a little different than hers because she used chinese (red) winegar instead of white vinegar. However, this is definitely a 5 stars. I actually put the ribs in the crockpot and cook it high for 4 hours before I serve it. The taste is excellent and the meat falls off from the bone.My husband and kids all love it. The favor is so good. I don't think we need more favor to it unless you want to increase your blood pressure! Anyway, thanks for the great recipe!