- Ready In:
- Slice your zucchini longways and seed to create boats.
- Place on edged baking sheet. (jell roll pan).
- Salt and Pepper lightly.
- Bake 350 oven till tender (15-20 minutes).
- While the Boats are baking; Brown ground meat with garlic and onions, drain and add pasta sauce so Ground Meat is covered but not saucey.
- Place meat mixture in cooked Boats
- Sprinkle with favourite cheese
- Bake again until cheese is melty.
- Serve with Pasta and use up the remaining pasta sauce and ground meat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was delicious, attractive, and easy to make. Zucchini is in season now and inexpensive at the farmer's market. Next time I might try panchetta or bacon (but less added salt)instead of ground beef. Also, if you have some previously made (then frozen) spaghetti sauce - use that. Not bad on the calorie and fat content either.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an Artist turned Banker. I love food. Banking doesn`t allow for much creative outlet, so........ I cook. Recipes are just my base; often I start with the ingredience list and go from there. I believe in short cuts also; if there is a dressing you really like, it can double as a marinade or sauce for grilling. I have a partner who also likes to cook. This has led to some challenges in the kitchen. I have to say he is awsome and if I didn`t share space I would have missed out on his amazing cheesecakes, chili, breads and cookies, just to name a few.