Ziploc Bag Omelet (Eggs in a Hurry)
photo by Dugyb
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese (any kind)
- 1 tablespoon diced sweet pepper (or hot)
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 tablespoon diced tomato (etc)
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients well, in a sandwich size Zip-Lock plastic bag and seal.
- Drop bag(s) into a pot of boiling water.
- Boil for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy.
- (Don't use more than 2 eggs in each bag or it won't cook as evenly).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Works great! I need to remember to use this when we have company. I'm a little leary about boiling plastic for 15 minutes though. I know it doesn't melt, but the latest "chemicals leaching out of plastic and into foods when heated" scare makes me a little hesitant to do this again. I can't find anything conclusive on this.
This makes great omlettes. We make these while camping. It's great because it makes no mess and there are NO DISHES! We usually add cooked sausage, ham or bacon along with mushrooms, jalapenos and various other fixin's! When we have more than one in the pot, we clip all the bags together with a clothes pin so keep the bags from touching the side of the pot and melting a hole into the bag. We have even used this method to heat up individual servings of lasagna or enchiladas while camping as well! It's a great versatile recipe!
see 6 more reviews