Yummy Loaded Potato Soup
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets, measure after chopping
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 5 cups chicken broth, can use veggie broth
- 32 ounces frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 -3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt, to taste
OPTIONAL to add in
- 1 cup diced ham (optional)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- In a large soup pot, melt butter. Add onions, carrots, garlic, broccoli and parsley; saute for about 5-7 minutes or until softened.
- Add the broth, hash browns, paprika, pepper, and celery salt.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until everything is soft.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the 6 tbsp butter. Stir in the flour and stir constantly while cooking for 3 minutes. Stir this into the soup.
- Add the milk and cheese to soup.
- Cook and stir soup mixture until heated through and thickened. Add salt to taste.
- Stir in optional ham or bacon; if using it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 9 more reviews