Yummy Fritter Batter
- Ready In:
Basic Fritter Batter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk (depending on which type of fritter you choose, see below) or 1/2 cup fruit juice (depending on which type of fritter you choose, see below)
- 1 dash salt
For Ham Fritters (use milk)
- 1 cup minced ham
For Banana Fritters (use milk or fruit juice)
- 6 bananas
For Apple Fritters (use fruit juice)
- 2 cups diced apples
- For basic fritter batter: Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir to blend. Add egg and melted margarine; stir until well blended. Add milk (or fruit juice), mix well. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Ham Fritters: Add minced ham to basic batter. Drop by spoonfuls into hot oil and deep fry.
- Banana Fritters: Peel and quarter bananas. Dip bananas in batter and saute in margarine until golden brown on all sides.
- Apple Fritters: Stir apples into basic batter. Drop by spoonfuls into hot oil and deep fry.
- *Note* You can make peach or apricot fritters by using canned fruit. Use the fruit syrup for the liquid in the basic batter. Dice fruit and mix with batter. Deep fry as for the apple fritters.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With 5 kids and a hungry husband to feed, I'm always looking for good, budget friendly meals. We generally eat meals that use little meat (I try to use 1 lb or less per dinner, and none the rest of day), so that means lots of casseroles and meats with gravy. I enjoy baking, so bread recipes and desserts tend to get saved more frequently than others. I'm especially partial to chocolate and lemon (although not together).