Ma's Secret Jamaican Banana Fritters
photo by rockosmodurnlife
- Ready In:
- 3 bananas (ripe, starting to turn brown)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 -4 tablespoons brown sugar (or white)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- oil (for frying)
- Peel bananas and place into a large bowl. Smash them with a fork until they start to get somewhat runny. Add sugar, vanilla, milk, salt, and flour and mix until the "batter" just barely runs off of the spoon (just a little thinner than the consistency of pancake batter). If it is too thick, it will be too airy, like pancakes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Once the oil is HOT, drop tablespoons of the batter in at a time, as if you were making mini pancakes.
- When the edges are firm, turn over and cook the opposite side. The fritters should be a medium-brown color, not light and not burnt. Drain onto paper towels and serve warm. Mmm -- .
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a happily married mother of three, originally from New York, and currently residing in Florida. I believe that the fondest memories of life are marked by flavor. I have tasted foods from all around the world, and I must say, food is a big part of my family's life, and a big passion of mine!