World's Lightest Pancakes
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat a griddle over medium heat. Grease lightly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt & sugar.
- Pour milk into 2 cup glass measuring cup; stir in milk and melted butter, blending well.
- Pour liquid, all at once, into dry ingredients and stir just until flour is moistened. Don't worry about lumps and don't overbeat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot, greased griddle and cook until bubbles form and just start to pop on the surface. Turn & lightly brown the other side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love everything about food--cooking, eating, even grocery shopping, so I guess that would qualify me as a foodie! I love to read cookbooks and watch Food TV for inspiration, but mostly I just cook without recipes. There is nothing that I like better than plying my family and friends with a home-cooked meal. Food is love.